Your Trusted Plumber in Stow, MA
Take care of your Stow household by hiring the right plumber, for all of your service needs. Locals know the name to trust in is J. Ellis Plumbing & Heating, and has been since we started the business in 2008.
With 20 years of experience, we're the go-to crew for high-quality workmanship and superior results. It's important that you don't settle for less than the best, when it comes to the level of quality that goes into your home, including your heating and plumbing.
We look forward to working with you and ensuring that you get the results you deserve, in order to take the best possible care of your Stow home. It's about comfort, health, and safety and we're there to help you get the professional help you need.
Frozen Pipes & Your Household
One of the risks that's associated with winter weather is dealing with frozen pipes. If you've lived in Stow for any amount of time, you're probably aware of the fact that frozen pipes come with the territory.
When you do end up with frozen pipes, it's important to contact a professional to handle the job. However, you can also try avoiding this problem from developing in the first place, in most cases, by taking steps like:
- Keep the home, and the pipes, as warm as possible. If you know you're expecting low temps, it's time to set the heat to accommodate for it. This is why so many homes that are abandoned or have families on vacation during peak cold, end up with frozen and busted pipes.
- Open cabinet doors or anything blocking air flow for your pipes. During the coldest winter nights, letting the heat inside your home actually reach the pipes under your sink, inside a cabinet, can make all of the difference.
- On the flip side, make sure you keep your garage doors closed, as much as possible. Make it a habit so that even during the day you're not leaving it open.
- Disconnect the garden hose instead of leaving it attached all winter long. There's no benefit to leaving the hose outside, especially since it can leave the outdoor spigot more susceptible to freezing up and bursting.
- If it's going to be extremely cold or you have pipes you know are problematic, use space heaters to blow additional heat in the area, near the pipes.
For optimal results from a professional Stow plumber, get in touch with us today.